***********************************

Some Helpful Links for the Querying Writer

If you smell something, it's only the stench of GUILT wafting your way. My guilt for not blogging. Or visiting blogs. But my days and nights lately are blurred into overlapping scenes of baby diapers, 3 a.m. feedings, and doctor appointments. The little one hasn't had it easy since he was born. We've been visiting the pediatrician's clinic more times than we care to because of an eye infection. And when he was prescribed antibiotics for it, his eyelids promptly puffed up after the first few applications. If you were around my neck of the woods and you saw a frazzled mom with mismatched flip-flops lugging a heavy infant car seat to the clinic while sweating profusely under 100 degree F weather, yeah, that was me. Thankfully, baby's okay now. We are coming up on our one month mark, and we've survived! Yipee! Only 17 years and 11 months to go. Right? :D

Anyway, I haven't written anything for months, and though this is only a blog post, at least it is something. I've been reading a lot, however, to make up for the not-writing part. So maybe sometime I'll do book spotlights again.

Well, I aim to be helpful but my brain's not organized enough to come up with a brilliant, cohesive writing post so I'm giving you links instead. Links to super helpful blog posts about querying by none other than my SUPER AWESOME agent, Julia A. Weber!




Go check 'em out! You can also follow her on Twitter for more query and pub tips: @jawlitagent.

16 comments:

A. Lynden Rolland said...

Oh my! I'm certainly not the most patient person, but I would never call an agent four times to supplement information about a ms. Even if the agent loved the query, they would probably pass on the project just to avoid working with such a neurotic writer!

A. Lynden Rolland said...

P.S. Glad everything is going well now with the baby!!! Keep posting pictures! So adorable!

Rachna Chhabria said...

I am glad everything is okay with the baby now. Hugs to the two of you. Was the baby by any chance born on July 26th (that's my birthday).

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Oh, bummer! So glad the kiddie is doing better now! It's kind of hard to do anything outside of tending to the baby when he's sick.

Deana said...

Sounds like you need to light a scented candle and not worry over it one second longer. You have the best excuse in the world not to blog:) I'm glad the little one is doing well!

I loved query links when I was in the trenches. These are great:)

Bethany Crandell said...

The first year with a new baby earns you a free pass from feeling guilty. It's in the rule book. The fact that you're not overshooting the potty on a regular basis and the other two kids are still alive and relatively clean--well, that just proves you are a warrior among warriors.

Love your guts!

Jessie Humphries said...

If I smell anything...it's my own guilt! But thanks for the links. I am going to check that third one out now! :)

Jennifer Prescott said...

My own stench of guilt has obscured yours...and I don't have a wee babe as an excuse! I think we need to embrace the guilt and know that we all lurve each other no matter what. No matter how pathetically silent we are on the Interwebs (cough, cough). As always, you serve up great advice for your followers. Thanks, Cherie! Now go get some sleep.

Precy Larkins said...

Love you guys! <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your baby's okay now.

Life happens. I've had times in my life when I'm reading or researching, rather than writing.

Thank you for the links.

Golden Eagle said...

Glad to hear he's okay!

Thanks for the links. They definitely sound like useful articles.

Anita Grace Howard said...

So happy to see you healthy and in the blogasphere again, and ESPECIALLY happy the little goatling is well. :)

These are GREAT links for querying writers. You ROCK, sparkle pants. :)

#goatwub you!

Misha Gerrick said...

Sorry to hear you've been struggling, but glad to hear things are going better.

Hope things settle down for you soon!

Thanks for the links! Definitely checking them out.

:-)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Thanks for the great links. I'll check them out because I'll be querying soon. eek

M Pax said...

Glad the little one is feeling better. Wow, that had to be scary and frantic.

Thanks for the great and useful links.

Kimberly Krey said...

That seriously takes me back! My baby is seven now, and that's just my youngest. But reading this gives me a renewed appreciation for what it was/is like to have those tiny, needy, warm and snuggly little infants around. Glad to hear you got things taken care of with the eye thing. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »