***********************************

I'm Back and I'm In Love :)

Yep, you heard me right. I'm back (temporarily, anyway) and IN LOVE!!

With this little guy:

This photo was taken about an hour after he was born, and though he doesn't quite look like that anymore, this is still one of my favorite photos of my baby boy. It reminds me of our very first meeting: those pinch-worthy plump cheeks, swollen eyes smeared with antibiotic ointment, and his messy black hair standing up in clumps and spikes. Gorgeousness! Despite being a little over 9 pounds (9 freaking pounds!!!), the delivery went well and was actually the easiest one yet. Imagine that.

The labor part, on the other hand, was an entirely different story. One that involved a dangerously high fever (mine), and a horrendous bacterial infection (still mine) that threatened my sweet little boy's health. Thanks to the excellent care of the doctors and nurses and the NICU team, we were able to weather the infection and go home after a couple of days at the hospital.

Sooooo...that's where I've been lately. Navigating the unpredictable waters of motherhood once again. I swear the longest uninterrupted sleep I've ever had was a whole hour. But I'm still in love, and I'm guessing will be in love forever. My kids--all three of them--bring so much wonder and love and joy to me. Every time I look at them I feel overwhelmingly grateful. I know I'm gushy and probably extra so because of the hormones, but it's true. *grabs Kleenex tissues*

Anyway, I'll probably continue to be sporadic with the blog. Thank you so much to all of you for your support and friendship and camaraderie. <3

Before I forget, a blogger friend interviewed me a few weeks ago and the post actually went live yesterday but I was walking around like a zombie I didn't get to it. So here's the link, if you care to read about my writerly odyssey:


Thanks for the spotlight, Amy! :)

Have a lovely rest of the week, everyone! I'm off to cuddle my little guy... :D

25 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

This post made me glad to be a mom, and sorry that my little ones are all grown. (not really, since it's the circle of life, but you know what I mean)

Cristina said...

aw, so so sweet. Congratulations!!!!

Connie Keller said...

Congratulations!!

Mrs. Silverstein said...

What a face! SO cute! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! Welcome to the world, sweet baby! We are a brighter place now that you are here.

Congratulations and here's to all good things for you and your family.

Miranda Hardy said...

Congratulations Percy. He's adorable.

StratPlayerCJF said...

Wow, congratulations! That's awesome news!!!

And isn't he adorable!?!? But that's part of nature's plan, so you'll be able to bond with him now, which will help keep you from killing him when he's a teenager, LOL!. ;^)

The best of everything to both the new mom her new love!

Patricia JL said...

Congrats on the bouncy baby boy. Enjoy every moment. I hear they grow up fast. ;)

Angela V. Cook said...

So happy to hear you and baby are doing well :o) Those first few months go by so fast; enjoy every moment of it :o) Again, congratulations to you and your family :o) He's absolutely precious!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congratulations. Hugs to you and kisses to the sweet and cuddly baby.

Shallee said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you and baby are doing well after the bit of a scare. Yay for babies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's precious. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations! :)

Bethany Crandell said...

I love you both--OODLES AND BOODLES!! Squeeze all three of your cherubs for their Aunty B!!

A.M.Supinger said...

AWWWW, this is the most adorable picture I've ever seen! I'm so glad you and babygoat are healthy and home! I hope you start feeling better soon, Sparkles.

*goathugs*

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

He is sooo gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!

Jessie Humphries said...

He's a stud Precy! Congrats.

Gina Gao said...

This picture is so cute! I'm so happy for you!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Angie Sandro said...

He is beautiful. Love his cheeks. I'm glad both of you are healthy and home.

M.J. Fifield said...

Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby.

Cheryl B. Dale said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations! Glad everything turned out so well!

Krista McLaughlin said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome! :)

LTM said...

Whoa! So glad you guys are okay! And AWWW!!! He is gorgeous, and I think he looks like you!

Super-congrats~ :o) <3

Jennie Bennett said...

What a sweetie! Congrats! I am so happy for you :D

Unknown said...

The picture is wonderful. You must have your hands full, but there's no feeling as glorious as looking at your new baby. :-D

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »