***********************************

Queries!

If you haven't seen me around the blogosphere, blame it on the QUERY. Such a simple word, and to someone who doesn't write, it simply means a question, or an inquiry. But if you present this word to a writer, expect this:

Photo by hang_in_there
 Or this:

Photo by surlygirl
Or maybe just something like this:

Photo by libertygrace0

Luckily for me, I have my writer friends to keep me sane. And AGENT QUERY CONNECT. Seriously, you need a query critique? Get thee to their forum, now! And don't forget to pay it forward by helping others with their query. We all know that good karma is highly useful in the querying business...well, it's not to guarantee you an agent request, but to get good, constructive feedback from other writers.

Also, the fabulous and pouty-lipped Mindy McGinnis or BBC or bigblackcat97 or... (I swear this woman has a lot of names!) of Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire has a regular Saturday Slash  where she grapples with your query and chops it down with a hatchet. Minus the blood and gore.

And then of course, there's Query Shark. But only go there if you have guts. Sharks like guts, right? (Alright, bad pun.)

Good luck with your querying endeavors, my good people! I'll just be right over here, tinkering with my own query. Ciao!

14 comments:

M Pax said...

Best of luck with your querying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Krystle said...

Good luck, Cherie! I'll be praying for you. Keep at it, believe in yourself, and your dreams will come to you. It could be with a whisper, or they could knock down the door one day. I believe in you.


The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success.
- David Sarnoff -

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I'm not going to lie, I'm totally the kid on the stairs crying. Just wait til you have to do the synopsis, too :/

i'm erin. said...

Good luck! I am the crying girl. I can't write a good query to save my life. Thus the reason I am unpublished.

Kristin Baker said...

I'm all 3! And I gotta get back to the querying thing, but I've been sitting on it. Publishers this time, not agents. Good luck!

Emily R. King said...

Ew. Querying while pregnant is the pits. Hang in there!

Angela V. Cook said...

I used to always joke that if awards were given for "most time spent on a query," I'd have it in the bad ;o) Seriously, that thing was my nemesis!!

You're a fab writer though, so I have no doubt you'll nail it! :o) Good luck!

Angela V. Cook said...

Okay, that was supposed to say "in the BAG" lol. Hard to believe I'm a writer . . . lol

Sarah Tokeley said...

Best of luck! I can't offer advice, but I can hold your hand :-)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Good luck with your query. I will be praying for you.

Bethany Crandell said...

I'm quite certain the devil created queries. #evil

Tanya Reimer said...

Oh best of luck.

Carmen Esposito said...

Best of luck with your query! I'm no way near that stage - still working on my first draft. But thanks to your post, now I know where to go for feedback, when I'm ready.

Precy Larkins said...

Thank you, guys! I'm still in the process of fine-tuning the query. Querying is making my knees all a-quiver. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and well-wishes! I will need them. Especially when the Rs come in. Heh. And good luck to all who are in the query process as well. <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »