***********************************

I Am Crazy (I Think), Or, The A to Z Blogging Challenge

I think I signed up for the challenge while only partly conscious, or maybe I was sleep-surfing-the-net that day. Who knows. The thing is, I signed up for the A to Z Blogging Challenge coming up this April and going on all month long, the goal being to blog EVERYDAY (except Sundays) with the alphabet letters as blog post prompt.

Click on badge if you want to check it out!
Funnily enough, it reminds me of this slightly embarrasing experience I had when I was 8. There was a school SINGING competition (another proof of my insanity. Didn't I tell you I can't sing to save my life? Well, apparently, I made an attempt years ago, and luckily survived to tell the story. I should totally repress this memory.) Let me say that again: A school singing competition. The whole school was out there to watch me sing. Yikes!

Ahem. Back to the story: I was in second grade, and somehow my teacher convinced me to represent the class. I still remember the white dress my mom made me wear, with matching white tights and shoes (what was with the all-white ensemble?? *scratches head*). My dad coached and helped me practice at home. The song was...The Alphabet Song. It goes something like this:

A--You're adorable
B--You're so beautiful
C--You're so cute and full of charm
D--You're a darling
E--You're exciting
F--You're the feather in my arms (I have no clue what that means. LOL! ;D )
G--You're so good to me
H--You're so heavenly
I-- You're the one I idolize
J--We're like Jack and Jill
K--You're so kissable
L--Is the love light in your eyes
M, N, O, P--I could go on all day
Q, R, S, T -- Alphabetically speaking, you're okay
U-- Make my life complete
V-- Means you're very sweet
W, X, Y, Z --It's fun to wander through the alphabet with you, to tell you what you mean to me.

~end~

Take note, I jotted this down from memory, so I may have messed up some of the actual words. I can't remember who wrote the song, or where it came from. Anyway, with the blogfest challenge coming up real soon, I think I'm going to get this song stuck in my head--what can I say, I need inspiration! Hee!

Oh, and yeah, I won third place in that competition. *wink*

So, wish me luck. We'll see how well I survive this round. Anybody else doing the challenge? Are you all ready to go, or still shuffling your feet toward the door?

15 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Cute song. It's amazing what our brains retain when words are put to music. I still have all the 50 states memorized in alphabet order. And yes, I can sing them.

Have fun with the A to Z Challenge!

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Don't even want to try to blog every day. It's hard enough a couple of times a week. I mean after all, how much can one person say?

Golden Eagle said...

Good luck with the Challenge! I cannot wait to read your posts for the month. :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

I'm doing it too! We can do this together. :) Can't wait to read your posts!

Jessie Humphries said...

I'm sort of shuffling...but in what direction I couldn't say. Good for you though. You go pregnant girl!

A.M.Supinger said...

I hadn't heard of this before...but I think I accept. *blinks* *yawns* Now it's time for bed...and maybe tomorrow I'll have the same reaction you just did...lol

Rachna Chhabria said...

Good luck with the challenge. But take care of your health, that's more important at this time. Hugs.

Tanya Reimer said...

Oh have fun with the challenge!!! It sounds so exciting. I will do it one of these years. Yes I will. Looking forward to what you gonna do... hee hee.

PS you must have looked like an angel up there all in white! Sooo cute. awwwww.

M Pax said...

You'll be fine. I did it last year. Keep posts short. I'm doubling mine up, so I won't be posting every day. To keep on track, it's something I had to do.

I met a lot of people in AtoZ last year. It was fun. A theme helps.

Unknown said...

Yay blogfest! I think I might drown! I'm going to have a night and write like half of my blogs so they will pre-post cause I don't think I'll be able to keep up! :/

Bethany Crandell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Crandell said...

I am quite comfortable in my decision to let the door to hit me in the arse as I flee in a panic from this challenge. NO WAY!

You will be successful though, I know. Because you're adorable, you're so beautiful, you're so cute and full of charm...

Simon Kewin said...

Heh. Good luck! I'm doing the challenge this year, having missed it last years and then regretted it.

Jennifer Prescott said...

I yam with Bethany! ESCAPE. I am getting down to a comfortably infrequent bloggery schedule. If I did this I would never finish my 3 WIPS. Which I can't seem to finish anyway. But you will do swell with this, spangly sparkly! Can't wait to check 'em out.

Nikki said...

Hey Cherie! I'm here from the A - Z challenge. This post made me laugh, what a cute and embarrassing song to have to sing infront of the school! "Alphabetically speaking, you're okay" is the best part!

I really like your blog so I'm following you too :) Good luck for the challenge! Have you come up with a theme?

Nikki – inspire nordic

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »