***********************************

Blog Awards I Can't Ignore Anymore (Part 1)

I used to think I have a great memory. Back in grade school, there was a 6-stanza poem we were supposed to learn and memorize for a week. Our teacher wanted us to recite 1-2 stanzas per day so we could build up to memorizing all of the stanzas by the end of the week. Well, little me decided 1 stanza was too easy. So right after breakfast, while I was putting on my school uniform (yes, we had to wear uniforms!) I went through the poem over and over again.

Yep, I recited the whole poem that very Monday.

Nope, I didn't make one mistake.

Sigh. I wish I still have that good of a memory. I swear every time I get pregnant, some of my brain cells disappear. I rely on lists now to keep myself sane (and so I don't miss any important events). Yeah, I know people say forgetfulness is a symptom of pregnancy, but really, this forgetfulness goes way beyond gestation. Anyway, I AM rambling. The point, really, of all this...rambling...is I have blog awards I need to acknowledge and give away. Some of them I've forgotten about (picture me scrambling to read my old posts so I could see who left me awards from months ago). But I can't ignore them any longer because if I do, I'll NEVER get to them...evah. And my conscience would not allow me to be rude about it.

So! Here we go (starting with the most recent):


This one came from the lovely and talented Medeia Sharif, author of BESTEST. RAMADAN. EVER. (Flux, 2011). She's cool and awesome! Thanks, Medeia!!

Oh, right. The rules (almost forgot).

The rules for this award:
This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)

Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay) You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.

Hmmm. Five favorite books, eh? Tough to narrow down, but I'll try: (not in any particular order)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)  The Little Prince The Great Gatsby The Time Traveler's Wife The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Winds of Heaven The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

(Okay, so I couldn't just pick five. I am sorely tempted to add more because there are so many great books out there, but I had to stop myself.)

Next up comes from my gorgeous blogger friend from the UK, Nikki of Inspire Nordic. She writes about Scandinavian/Nordic language and culture. Cool, eh?

and



Oh, she gave me two. Thanks, Nikki! You're such a sweetie. :)

There are some questions I have to answer. I'll keep it short and sweet.

What is your favorite song?

Gah! I'm stumped. My "favorite" song changes all the time.

What is your favorite dessert?

Man, you're asking me at this point in my life where every dessert sounds good. Cake, cupcakes, lemon bars, ice cream, bread pudding, key lime pie...you name it, I'll probably gobble it up in seconds.

When you're upset, what do you do?

I have kids so when I'm upset, I have to hide in the bathroom. Not because I don't want them to see that I'm crying, or to shield them from the fact that I'm upset/angry/mad, but because the questions will NOT stop. What's wrong, Mommy? Why are you crying? Did you get a boo-boo?

What was your favorite pet?

Can't say it was my favorite, but I totally thought our pet turtle was cool. We let him loose around our yard (it was fenced-in), and then we couldn't find him anymore because he was really good at hiding behind my mom's flowers and bushes. After a year (maybe?), we found him swimming in our little fish pond. So we took him out and somebody had the brilliant idea to paint red and white dots on his shell so we'd have an easier time finding him. Uh, didn't work. He may be slow, but he was a master at evading us.

What do you prefer to wear, black or white?

Ugh, can't wear white. Do you know how hard it is to keep yourself clean when you have little kids around you? Yeaaahhhh...

What is your biggest fear?

That something bad will happen to my kids or my husband, or anyone in my family, really.

What is your attitude mostly?

I'm a pretty laid back person. I like to believe I'm a cautiously optimistic person (still positive, but not to the point of being blind, ya know.)

What is perfection to you?

Perfection is acknowledging we're imperfect. :D

What is your guilty pleasure?

Playing games. :)


Whew! This post is getting too long so I'll have to do the rest later. For now, I'm handing over these lovely blog awards to the following people:

The {Booker} Award:

1. Jemi Fraser: A fabulous writer and school teacher. Her students are very lucky.
2. Lynda R. Young: She always has fantastic, helpful posts about writing and social media.
3. Cherie Reich: She's a writer, a freelance editor, and a library assistant. She's all about books!
4. Stephen Tremp: 'Cause his book BREAKTHROUGH: THE ADVENTURES OF CHASE MANHATTAN is out and free on Amazon--today is the last day so grab a copy!
5. Emily R. King: This new mama knows her stuff. :)

One Lovely Blog Award:

1. Michelle Hauck: She's a lovely person, and she was gracious enough to let me babble on her blog.
2. Leslie Pugh: A sweetheart! She's so cute and warm and friendly.
3. Cristina dos Santos: Her blog's always full of heart. <3
4. Joyce Alton: All hail the mother"ship" of AQC's Speculative Forum. :)
5. Shallee McArthur: A lovely mama--she's going to have a baby, too. At around the same time I am. How cool is that? *belly bump!*

Stylish Blogger Award:

1. E. B. Black: She calls herself the "death author". Creepy cool, eh?
2. Kela McClelland: A lovely friend from Agent Query Connect. :)
3. Wendy Lu: Because, like me, she just recently embraced her inner diva...I mean, her real name. And I must say, it's a lovely name, Wendy!
4. Andrea Teagan: A new blogger friend. Hi, Andrea!
5. Alex Villasante: She's my newest follower! Hi Alex! *waves*

Enjoy!

P.S. Awardees, no pressure at all. You are free to accept or ignore the awards--I promise I won't get mad at all. I know how busy you all are. :)

18 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

You're such a sweetie! Thank you :) There are SO many great books out there - I'll have to think on that... :)

My memories stinks about some things and absolutely rocks at others. Sadly, the stinky part is getting stronger!

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats for the awards!

I know what you mean about memory. I sometimes think I need more memory to adjust to all the things I have to remember. :)

Emily R. King said...

Ha! I need to copy you and do a post like this. I think I will, especially now that I have another award I need to acknowledge. Thanks so much! I've never been given The Booker Award!

Joyce Alton / @joycealton said...

I love the story of the elusive turtle!

Thank you for the blog award.

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the awards! :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Precy! Thank you so much for the award and the kind words.

I never did have a good brain for memorizing words. I used to want to become an actress but I could never remember my lines so I gave it up, lol.

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats on the award and your agent!! I was sent here by J.A. Bennett. Lovely blog. You picked some great books - The Little Prince is a magical one, for sure. I also second your memory problem. Sadly I could never use pregnancy as an excuse!

Catch My Words said...

A true reader certainly couldn't pick a measly five books. I have a few of these awards that I've never acted upon. It takes time to accept these and do what they ask. Oh, well. Thanks for the visit.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards. You deserve it :) Your blog looks pretty cool.

Newest GFC follower. Would love if you visited me sometime as well. Thanks :)

Tami
The Things We Find Inside

LisaAnn said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog, and I'm digging your awards! Excellent book list, too!

Wendy Lu said...

Precy! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, your birthday wishes, and this blog award! Totally made my day. :)

Speaking of memory, I just finished a media law class and we had to memorize the entire First Amendment and write it for part of our exam!

You have some awesome books on your favorites list! I sort of love you for having Harry Potter up there. :D Also, I've never heard of The Wings of Heaven but the cover absolutely beautiful.

OMG! You like turtles! Your pet turtle sounds like a boss haha. I've had two red-eared slider turtles since 2009 and they are my babies. :)

Thank you again for the award! I will most definitely accept mine and pass it along tomorrow. Hope you're having a great day!

~Wendy Lu

The Red Angel Blog

Angela V. Cook said...

Congrats on all your awards!! :o)

Tara Tyler said...

wow! so many awards and fun facts! thet do pile up!

Andrea Teagan said...

OMG, I love those books you picked. We have very similar interestest. The only one I havent heard about is from ricky yancy, I will have to check that out.

btw, have you checked out Grave Mercy? I think you would love it.

Thank you so much for the award, new blogger friend! :)

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards!

I've only read HP and Gatsby out of your list. I'd love to read the rest.

I don't wear white and, depending on where I am, I hide in the bathroom when I'm upset.

E.B. Black said...

Thanks for the award, by the way. I meant to respond to this sooner, but I've been recovering from getting three root canals in one day. XD I really appreciate it though. It made me feel special for an author like you to notice me like this.

Kela McClelland said...

Thanks so much for the award. Sorry that I'm just now commenting. I've been busy (and slacking a little :/ ). I'll post it on my blog soon. Thanks again. :)

olmpic station park said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.
web designers in bradford
cheap bikes

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »