***********************************

Lucky 7!

So it seems that memes have a way of finding me. I've been tagged in a Lucky 7 meme by the super cute Ashley Nixon. Thanks, Ashley! Actually, she tagged me in TWO memes, but really, I can only do one meme at a time so the other one would have to wait. :)

 
This one is thankfully easy. No hoops or loops to go through. And trust me, with my ever growing belly, you do NOT want to see me go through HOOPS and LOOPS. Heh!

Alright, kidding aside, here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current ms.

2. Go to line 7.

3. Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences, and post them as they're written. No cheating.

4. Tag 7 other victims, er, authors.

Alright, let's see what's on page 77 of my ms "Hidden".

*******

She’s thin and gaunt, her cheeks a grayish hue. She can’t be much older than my mother, but the difference is striking. Crinkles on the corners of her eyes jet out like spidery legs. Wisps of lank brown hair escape her ponytail to frame her long face. She takes my hand and I can feel the calluses on her palm.

            “Elsa’s resting in her stall right now, so you won’t have to worry about upsetting her.”

            Hay needles crunch underneath my sneakers. Flies hover over a suspicious-looking

********

Well, there you have it. It's not much and doesn't give away anything, really. But I'm just following rules. Now onto the tagging. *rubs hands together*

AM Supinger

Kacimari

EM LaBonte

Dean C. Rich

David Powers King

Krista McLaughlin

Mandie Baxter

As usual, if you don't want to do the meme, no problem. I'm all for democracy here. :)

Wishing everyone a great and fabulous week!!

16 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Flies hover over what???? : ) Nice!

Connie Keller said...

I like the crinkles like spider legs. Beautiful image.

Angela V. Cook said...

loved your excerpt :o) Can't wait to read this!

Jessie Humphries said...

I love your lines. I was totally wanting more...

Golden Eagle said...

"suspicious-looking" . . . that's it?!

Great cliffhanger. ;)

i'm erin. said...

What the freak! ARe you kidding me? Flies are over what? WHAT? I'm dying here and now I need a coke in a bad way. Why are you doing this to me?

Bethany Crandell said...

Hey...I know that book!!

Precy Larkins said...

Hehe! Thanks, guys! And it's most likely not what you think it is. ;D

Jennifer Prescott said...

Ooh love this meme! I also want to know what them flies are up to. Do they hover over a corpse? A piece of poo poo? A secret manuscript? A goat's headdress? What?

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I like Jenny's comment.

Rachna Chhabria said...

"Crinkles on the corners of her eyes jet out like spidery legs. "

Love this line a lot. Great description. I could clearly visualize the lady.

E. M. LaBonte said...

I loved your lines, they hooked me in quite nicely. I was hoping for more! Thanks for the tag hun. :D

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Don't belittle your writing!

I like the way you describe the woman. Instead of saying simply, "She looks like she's had a hard life," you point to her gaunt frame, calluses, gray face. Then you talk about Elsa in the stall so I know this must have something to do with horses. The flies don't intrigue me so much since there are always flies around stables, but for a random few lines, this says a lot.

This is nice writing.

Anonymous said...

I like these lines. This whole meme thing is great!

David P. King said...

Awesome! And thanks for passing this on to me. I'll having mine up tomorrow. :)

Jennie Bennett said...

Wait, you cut me off, I was still reading! I was totally engrossed!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »