***********************************

Stuff I learned from the LDStorymakers 2013 Conference

1. That meeting writer friends in person? EPIC!

Shelly Brown, moi, & Robin Hall
 
My KDrama buddies (minus one)!
J.A. Bennett, moi again, & Shelly
 


With Shelly Brown, Jen Bennett, Leslie Pugh, and Emily R. King

I also got to meet more lovely ladies: Jessie Humphries, Erin Summerill, Shallee McArthur, Leigh Covington, and Peggy Eddleman. (Did I miss anyone?) But I don't have pics to prove it. *sadface*

2. That it's fun to spend a day with people who share your writing passion. In my day-to-day life, I'm surrounded by non-writers, who don't even know I write. They are completely oblivious to the ups and downs of a writer's life and the nuances of the publishing world. So it's rather nice to be with people who understand what it means to be writer.

3. That there is soooo much to learn! The classes I took were exceptional, and I learned a lot.

> Scene and Sequel: The Building Blocks of Plot presented by Josi Kilpack
>Plots to Die For: How to Create Suspense and Mystery for a Page-turning Novel presented by Rachelle J. Christensen
>Loud & Clear: Finding and Amplifying a Manuscript's Voice by lit. agent Michelle Witte
>The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow: It's High Time by lit. agent Alyssa Henkin (about her publishing experience)
>These are the Jokes, People: Writing with Humor presented by Becca Wilhite
>Crazy Little Thing Called Love presented by Krista Jensen

I only went for one day so I missed out on some of the other classes I wanted to take--and there were so many I wanted to go to but couldn't! Anyway, next post, I'll share some of the things I learned from these classes/sessions.

4. That writers and literary agents and editors are people, too. We're all brought together by the same thing, same passion: BOOKS.

5. That there are so many good books out there! I need to catch up on my TBR list ASAP!

Brought these home with me! Can't wait to read 'em!

8 comments:

Leigh Covington said...

Precy, we didn't get a picture together! AHHHH! Okay - next year. Picture. Me and you and whoever else we can round up! :) It was awesome to finally meet you in person. Storymakers was so much fun this year.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Love it! Wonderful pics, wonderful classes, wonderful to see you!

Leslie said...

I was so happy to finally meet you in person! I just am sad we didn't get more time to visit together! Next year for sure!

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Conferences are always fun!

Bethany Crandell said...

YAY! So proud of you for going, and so jealous that you got to meet all those amazing authors!!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks. csbe

Hall said...

Looks like so much fun~! Saying hi - found your blog via Julia Weber's site (agent searching!) New follower :)

Raquel Byrnes said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time and came away jazzed to get working! So happy for you. :)
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »