***********************************

S is for the Saturday Slash by the Query Cat


Lo! It's the Query Cat!

The Saturday Slash is a free query critique offered by my fabulous and talented writer friend, Mindy McGinnis a.k.a. Bigblackcat97 (for those following her on Twitter) a.k.a. BBC (as she is more fondly called on Agent Query Connect). I think I may have mentioned this here before.

But! I'm mentioning it again because I volunteered to have my query go under her hatchet.

Yep. Today. No kidding. My query is in the hands of the hatchet-wielding Query Cat. If you'd like to take a peek, or give me your 2 cents, or simply see if I've made a fool of myself, go here.

And while you're there, you should follow Mindy because she's fun and hilarious, and an all-around awesome person. Plus, her debut NOT A DROP TO DRINK is slated to come out Fall 2013 by Katherine Tegen/Harper Collins. Squeeness! Besides, her blog Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire is full of great info, agent interviews, author interviews, and random thoughts that could only come from a YA librarian with the best Angelina Jolie pout I've ever seen. :D

18 comments:

Cristina said...

MIndy is awesome.. I'm off to check out your query :)
have an awesome weekend.

Judy said...

Cherie - part of my Saturday will hectare to check out Mindy and your Query :). What a sweet day! Hope yours is too !

Judy said...

hectare is not a word but apparently my spell check thinks so - the translation is "will be used". :)

Krista said...

Read your query. Sounds interesting. And Mindy gives such great advice! I also had her hack appart my query - it was very helpful.

Stephsco said...

I'll check it out!

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

That was a lovely query! It was hard to read just the plain query with all the yellow, but I'm in the same boat of revising.

Yack :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sounds awesome - I'll check out your query and her blog!

M.J. Fifield said...

That query cat looks entirely too gleeful holding that ax. Love it.

I'm on my way to check out both your query and her site.

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

Ooh sounds fun!! Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge!! I'd follow you, but it turns out I already do! Great S word :)

http://writeskatedream-jmckendry.blogspot.com

Rachna Chhabria said...

I will check out both Mindy and your query.

J.C. Martin said...

Query Cat looks scary! Off to check it out.

J.C. Martin
A to Z Blogger

Linda King said...

I'll check out your query - thanks! I haven't had to do one yet! LindaK

Leslie S. Rose said...

Your graphic is terrifying, but very true to what I picture when I put my work out there for scrutiny. Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is a kick. Off to check out the links. Happy A to Z-ing.

Leslie S. Rose said...

Popping back to say your story sounds cool. Mindy's blog was well worth the click. Thanks.

BBC said...

Thanks Cherie for the mention, and thanks everyone for hopping over :)

BBC said...

Thanks Cherie for the mention, and thanks everyone for hopping over :)

Tara Tyler said...

thanks for the link and revealing your query! i'm going to check it out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »