***********************************

Giving Back + Links That I Forgot to Mention

My mother's always taught me that service is a commendable thing. I've found through the years that whenever I become egocentric (me! me! me!), the cure is simply this: to take down the mirrors and look around me. These past few days we've had Hurricane Irene ran its destructive course through the East Coast, claiming lives in its wake. And what did I do? I bemoaned my writing funk.

Not cool.

While I am deeply grateful for all of your support, I also want to smack my head for being such a whiner. So to cure myself, and to show my appreciation, I am going to offer you this:

UPDATE: The First Chapter Crit slots are NOW FILLED!

FIRST CHAPTER CRITIQUES/EDITS/FEEDBACK TO THE FIRST 3 PEOPLE TO EMAIL ME AT writercherie [AT] gmail [DOT] com

FIRST PAGE CRITS TO THE NEXT 5. <-- And this one is CLOSED to new requests!

THANK YOU for participating!

That's it. Easy peasy.

After you scramble to open your emails and send me your lovely requests (I'm a fairly competent reader/editor, I think. At any rate, I'm a useful second pair of eyes.), come back here and check out the following links:

The Clothing NOT Optional contest  hosted by J. Lea Lopez of Jello World is still looking for votes. One of the "steamy" short stories is mine, but I can't tell you which one it is. So go read the four entries and blush and then vote for your favorite. Hopefully, you end up voting for my story, even if you didn't know it. Voting is also anonymous. There's a poll on the left sidebar. Please and thank you!

Chapter 13 of the Skeleton Key blogvel is up! Over at Chelsea Rose's blog. This chica is also a very talented artist. Check out her artwork while you're there.

And last, but not least, I want to do a BIG SHOUT-OUT to my wonderful and generous friend JENNY PHRESH of The Party Pony for bringing a smile to my face. She'd heard of my library dilemma (it is closed for a whole month due to renovations *gasp!*) and decided to mail me books so I won't have reading withdrawals (my right eye was starting to twitch).

So please, please, please, go pay her blog a visit and show her some LOVE because she is just way too nice. And FUNNY. And awesomely talented. And did I mention, FUNNY? I must warn you though...do NOT drink anything while reading her blog posts. I don't want to be responsible for ruined suits or clothes, and I will certainly not accept your dry cleaning bill if you send it to me.

Have a great day, everyone!!

15 comments:

Precy Larkins said...

The slots for 1st chapter crit are now FILLED! Looking for 1st Page crit requests now...

LisaAnn said...

Oh my gosh, you are on it! Congrats on being such a rock star right now... I'm stoked to read your contest entry!

LisaAnn said...

I am just now building the courage to read my comments about the loss of my Bridger, and I am so appreciative of your kind words. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog; that is one of the most horrible things I have ever heard. That person deserves to be poisoned himself, and I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Unknown said...

Your doggie died? :( I'm so sorry, Cherie!!

I'm excited to read your contest entry, however!

Jennifer Prescott said...

You are the bestest! I am stuck on my WIP so came here to read postie-toasties, and found your kind comments about me. I am touched!
Maybe I can send you first page critique? Hey, why not!

T.S. Welti said...

Ah, don't be too hard on yourself. We're all entitled to voice our fears and troubles every once in a while. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

You are awesome, Cherie. Its always nice to get another pair of eyes to see our work.

Anita Grace Howard said...

Wonderful linkages Cheri! And wow, how is it I was unaware of all these awesome contests you were doing? Very cool. :)

Anita Grace Howard said...

Wait, what? I just realized I forgot to offer my condolences for your dog. I'm so sorry. :( That's so tuff. They're like family. cyber hug, dear friend!

Precy Larkins said...

Ashley and Anita, thanks, but my dog died a looong time ago. Lisa just lost her doggie best friend, Bridger, and I commented about losing my dog when I was 11. Hence Lisa's comment about my dog. But thanks for your warm condolences. You guys are too sweet!

Jenny, I wub you. :)

T.S., thanks my dear. You are always so supportive of me. I wub you. <3

Rachna, thank you! You are so sweet, my dear. ;)

Anonymous said...

You're wonderful for putting up all these great links & contests.

I'm sorry about your dog.

ali cross said...

Aw, now THAT's a good friend! And I so loved what you said about service ~ it is absolutely true.

ali's blog

Dawn Kurtagich said...

There was so much love in that post! <3<3<3

Ciara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. You are so sweet to be offering all this to your blogger friends.

Anonymous said...

I SERIOUSLY don't know where you find the time!

Are you harboring a little blue police box over there?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »