***********************************

Blog Awards and Memes...Oh My!

Let me just say this: I have COOL and SUPER NICE blogger friends.
Yep. And I am grateful.

Rachna Chhabria of Rachna's Scriptorium apparently thought I was cute enough to handle this puppy:

Seriously. Cute. Awww! Thanks, Rachna! ;)

I am passing on this Seriously Cute Blogger Award to the following cuties:

1. Lena Roy of Lena's Lit Life. She's cute, talented, and she's always ready to help others.

2. Peggy Eddleman. I'm only getting to know Peggy but I think she's fab! Plus she hands out cookies. And her blog is beautiful. ;)

3.Ali Cross. This girl is super ninja in my book. ;) You rock, Ali!

4. Jen Bennett of A Book, A Girl, A Journey. This girl is my virtual workout buddy and I love her. ;)

5. T.S. Welti. This superwoman/writer/mom/friend has just debuted her book "The Fifth Specter", which I enjoyed very much!


And if that's not enough to soar the cute factor for the day, check out this lovely award I got from the ever talented Deirdra Eden-Coppel: The Creative Blog Award.

Isn't that beautiful? Deirdra made the drawing herself. She is one seriously talented artist! Thank you, Deirdra! I'm very honored. ;)

On to the memes...

I know I just posted a meme yesterday, but what can I do? I got tagged again. So here's meme #1 from Lena Roy. (I thought I would behave myself this time and not twist the meme. After all, this was Lena's first time tagging people in a meme. ;) )

What do you think of when you hear the word "tag"?

That the price on the tag of my favorite dress at Nordstrom has gone up?

Do you think you're hot?

Um, no.

Upload a pic or wallpaper that you are using at the moment.


May the Force be with you, squirelly dudes!

When was the last time you ate chicken?

Hmm. I cook dinner every night, except the weekends. I haven't had chicken prior to this day, but I am going to make grilled teriyaki chicken breasts tonight, served on white rice.

The song/s you listened to recently?

Anna Nalick's new album: Broken Dolls & Odds & Ends.

What were you thinking as you were doing this?

Didn't I do this one already? Just the maniacal twisted version of this?

Do you have nicknames? What are they?

Cherie is actually my nickname.

Meme #2, which is aptly named "Memebow Bright" by the clever Kacimari, who decided to go "the heck with all these memes, I'll make my own" way.

Show us the cutest, most adorable picture of your favorite animal.



You have five seconds to survive the zombie apocalypse. Choose one friend who would save your butt and tell us why you chose them.

Oh boy. Tough question. Are you absolutely sure I can only pick one? I thought about picking Anita since she has her vampire pet goat Clive--if he can't stave off the zombies, maybe he can turn us into vampires and thus ensuring our immortality? But then I remembered Bethany's panty-eating goat Nigel. I wouldn't want to be running around panty-less so maybe Nigel will decline from eating our underwear since he's on our side? Then of course there's Michelle Simkins, who's got an affiliation with the Fae. Maybe they can save us from the zombies? But then, oh yes, who can forget the Party Pony who has tickets to the Rapture party, and we all know that the zombie apocalypse is really the Rapture in disguise. So who would not want to have free tickets to heaven?

Oh geez. Can I just take the whole goat posse with me?

Share a quote with us.

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.
--Richard Bach

I know you had trouble choosing just one quote. Let us have another.

Really? I mean I already gave you one, and that took me several minutes of googling quotes on the web. I'm not really a "quotes" person. I live by my own quotes of life.


Using exactly twenty-seven words, tell us your life story.

Born, fed, grew. Survived high school, came to Hawaii for college, met hubby. Married, moved, had a kid. Then another. Wrote stories.  Blogger, mom, writer--in one.

Please do not throw your hands in the air. This is not a stick up.

I was just *discreetly* checking if my deodorant was still working.

All dead rock legends live again. You're standing in a fifty mile long line for:

No one. They're zombies, man! They're going to eat you up. Run!

Describe yourself using six words that start with the third letter of your middle name. Go!

L. Loving, Loyal, Laid-back, Labyrinthian, Latent, and after spending too much time on this post, a Laggard. ;D

 What is your middle name? (This is for research purposes only. Your response will not affect your chances of employment.)

Sorry. It's part of my super secret identity. I may or may not be a superhero, you never know.   O_o

I'm tagging anyone who wants to do the memes. Maybe, possibly, the whole #goatposse, if they're not sick of memes yet. So, enjoy! And go spread the silliness. ;)

Oh, btw, don't forget to vote for Michelle Simkins' Zombunny contest. It will only take you three seconds to do so. 1 second to click on this link, 2 seconds to cast your vote. Please and thank you!! There are wonderful entries and even if you don't vote for me, at least see what the other finalists have to offer. They are all talented people. ;)

11 comments:

Jessie Humphries said...

Wow, you have a lot going on. And more than a couple notches on your blogging bedpost with all those awards! Jealous...

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the awards! :)

I love that quote.

Anonymous said...

I am totally luvin that adorable pup! Congrats

Angela V. Cook said...

Cute answers! :o) lol . . . I loved your squirrel pics ;-)

Anita Grace Howard said...

Haha! This was hilarious. I'm w/Angela on those squirrel pics! You and I need to go on tour with our fab and weird picture findings.

My fave part was the apocolypse paragraph! CRACKED me up the way you fit all that stuff in. HEE.

Congrats on the well deserved award, Miss Sparkly friend! :)

Jennie Bennett said...

That is one seriously cute puppy! I feel so honored. You sure know how to make a girl laugh! I love it when you answer memes, you are so totally awesome at it. I can't wait until you are totally famous and stinkin' rich. Then I can say, she gave me an award, lol :)

Precy Larkins said...

Jessie, hey nice to meet you! Stick around and you might find one of those awards following you home...sometime. ;)

Eagle, thank you!

Sophie!! You are back and commenting.So happy to see you, my friend. You've been sorely missed!

Angela, hi sparklypinkgoatprincess! ;)

Anita, I was going to fit in all of the peeps in the goatposse, but it would have been tooo long. If ever there was a zombie apocalypse, I'm taking you guys with me. ;)

Jen, if answering memes was a job, then I would be totally famous and stinkin' rich. As it is, I'm only totally stinkin'. Hehehehehe!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the well deserved awards!!

Love the Star Wars squirrels :) And the Bach quote - awesome!

ali cross said...

Ah, YAY! Thank you Cherie! I loved your zombie apocalypse ramble. My favorite part!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

COngratulations! And I really like your wallpaper.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Awww! Thanks so much for the award! So awesome.

And I LOVED your 27 words!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »