***********************************

Summer! And Other Fun Things...

Yesteday I had the grandest time basking in the sun while my little ones splashed around in the pool to cool off. A week and a half ago when we were visiting graves on Memorial Day, we plowed through slushy snow and shivered in our flip-flops and short-sleeved shirts. It's amazing how a few days can bring a turnaround, but I'm glad for it because Winter was never my favorite season. (I grew up in the tropics, hello!)

I'm a sunflower who follows the light. I love going barefoot and feeling the grass tickle my toes. The sound of bees happily buzzing by as I stretch out on the lounger in the patio, a book in hand, is perfect background music. Ice pops rapidly melting, sticky rivulets running down my arm, and I don't care...I don't care.... My kids squeal and run away as I chase them in the backyard. Or in the park. The wind whistling by my ears as I swing higher, and higher still. Childhood magic visits once again.

Photo By Being There

Because summer is here, there'll be less hunkering down in the basement office typing away worlds my mind creates, and more living, experiencing the world of the here and now. My reality. That said, I won't be posting daily anymore, but rest assured I will still be here (and knowing me, I'll probably keep up with at least 3 posts per week because I love blogging and connecting with my wonderful and smart readers).

Now on to the other FUN things:

The "Writing is NOT Like a Box of Chocolates MEME" is still going strong and expanding. I will continue to update my list. So if you have free time and would like to check out what other people have come up with, find it here.  

Also, Michelle Simkins of Greenwoman is hosting two cool things:

1. Round Robin Blogvel entitled Skeleton Key. The table of contents can be found under PAGES. Or just click here.

2. Summer of Bloggerly Love. I will be guest posting on her blog on the 22nd of June, and in turn, Michelle will be here to enamor us all with her wit and humor (I love this woman. She never fails to make me smile.)

I hope you will all have a great and fun summer! If you have fun and cool news you want to share with us, please do so. We're all about sharing the love here. <3  

14 comments:

Christine Murray said...

I'm more of a winter girl, personally (which is a good thing considering I live in Ireland) but I enjoy summer too, especially when I'm beside the sea.

Jennifer Prescott said...

Hurrah, enjoy the beautiful days! I love running through the grass barefoot. Unless I step on a goat poo.

Precy Larkins said...

Hi Christine! I wish there was a sea nearby. I only like winter when it comes the first few weeks....after a while, when all the lovely snow has turned to mushy dirt-gray slop, yeeaahh, not so lovely anymore. Plus I skidded twice--almost hit an electrical pole once, and the other, got my front tires stuck in a snowbank. :-/

Jenny, my friend! Hurrah for beautiful weather indeed. Not so much on the goat poo. Haha! ;)

Anonymous said...

We have those fluctuations in weather in Kansas, too. Thinking (hoping) summer is here to stay. Just no more tornados, thank you.

Enjoy your summer!

Sean Thomas Fisher said...

We get roller-coaster weather like that here in Iowa as well. Two days ago it was 100 degrees. Today it's 64. Must be global cooling. Or just the end of days. But it could be worse...the satellite could go out again during Wheel of Fortune.

Precy Larkins said...

Bryce, thanks and have a fun tornado-less summer!

Sean, global cooling dominated Spring, but I fear its sister, global warming, will slap us when we least expect her to. Also, Wheel of Fortune is fine and dandy but I'd be more upset if the TV goes out during The Price is Right. (Seriously, the things people wear to get attention...not that I watch it or anything... Um yeah.) ;D

T.S. Welti said...

Living in Southern California, you have to love summer as it lasts pretty much from April through the end of October. But, having also lived in Oregon for a while, I have a soft spot in my heart for cold, rainy days. No other kind of weather makes me more inspired to write than rain.

I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but it sounds like you should enjoy the sun while it lasts. Have a great weekend, Cherie! :)

Mary Frame said...

Sounds like you are close to me, Cherie. Where do you live??

I'm in Reno. We had snow over Memorial weekend too, but this week has been sunny and 70s. FINALLY!

Love the sun flower pic!

Keep an eye out for those goat patties :)

Precy Larkins said...

Of course I expected you all to be mind-readers and know where I am right now. *smacks forehead* I'm in UT, so Mare and T.S., we're not too far from each other. We should visit, drink tea pinkie up, and gossip about the others. *wink*

Krista McLaughlin said...

I would have to say that I love spring, the temperatures aren't too warm and the flowers are in bloom. It's also a nice time to dance in the rain. :) Though I do love to go swimming in the summer. I've never really liked the snow, only for a few days before I get tired of it.

M Pax said...

I feel your love of summer. We've only been over 70 once so far over this way. I don't mind though. I don't care for the heat much. I like these pleasant days. If it never got hotter than this, I'd be happy.

Angie Sandro said...

Nice post, thanks for all the wonderful information and I'll try to follow your lead and spend more time outside this year. It's my goal at least, I just need the weather to cooperate. I live in Northern Cali for goodness sakes. Bring on the heat:)

Angie Sandro

Anita Grace Howard said...

Looking forward to the bloggy fun you have planned! Oh, and your imagery of summer was wonderful. :) It made me smile and want a popsicle.

Are you still posting new URLs on your Writing is Like post? Here's one for you, just in case. Mandy Baxter: http://tinyurl.com/3qqtdhc. Isn't it awesome how far reaching this Meme is?

Precy Larkins said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by. =)

Anita, luv ya doll--thanks for the heads up on the meme. Will check it out right away.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »