***********************************

Follow the Yellow Brick Road of Memes...

I love my blogging buddies. They are talented, creative writers, and if you've been following the meme: Writing is NOT like a box of chocolates originated by the great Michelle Simkins of Greenwoman, you know what I mean.

Source: Wikimedia Commons

Since it's Friday, and I'm buried under my pile of To-Do lists (I have several), I will let you amuse yourselves by following the trail of memes scattered all over the blogosphere.

Here they are:

Writing is like...

...leading a double life. (Greenwoman)
...flying. (Inner Owlet)
...a river trip. (The Party Pony)
...jaywalking. (Creative Procrastination)
...a patchwork quilt. (In The Jungle,)
...a box of chocolates. (Creativity or Insanity? Straddling the Line...)
...a rose. (A Still and Quiet Madness)
...losing your virginity. (The Starving Novelist)
...being god. (My Inner Stillness)
...hiking. (A Book, A Girl, A Journey)
...an old hound dog. (Write Away)
...climbing a mountain. (It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets an Agent)
...the all 80's channel on Sirius/XM (Rookie Riter: Trying to Get it Write)
...a journey into/of the unknown. (Impact of Thoughts)
...my therapy. (Tracey Hansen Will Write for Food)
...planting the seeds of the future. (A Storyteller's Musings)
...sailing. (The Write Time)
...a business. (Decreed)
...a hiding place. (Ashley Nixon)
...a set of car keys. (The Wordsmith Apprentice)
...dumpster diving. (Eli Ashpence)
...telepathy/astral projection. (INK ROCK)
...baking a cake. (Tighty Writie)
...therapy. (Katie On Fiction)
...raising a child. (ROSE RED)
...a symphony. (Kayeleen's Creation Corner)
...a mountain. (MY JOURNEY)

And my own version: Writing is like a Tango dance.

This brick road of memes keeps forking every which way, and I'm sure I'm missing more wonderful metaphors. If you'd like to have yours added, just let me know.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

15 comments:

Bethany Crandell said...

Bless you, my soul sistah! I love that you put all of these together in one place. Now I can just read instead of feeling guilty for not finding my writing mojo today.

Anita Grace Howard said...

You are the BEST, Cherie Sparkles. :) Thanks for the linkage. I, like, my pal Bethany, do like to find the lazy way out of things. Hee.

What a STUPENDOUS idea. Have a productive writing weekend, my dear!

Jennie Bennett said...

Thank you so much for linking me. Now I have a list of bloggers to go stalk :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this. I wanted to do it but was too lazy! You're a great minion.

Angela V. Cook said...

Look how awesome you are ;o) Thanks for putting this list together (it takes me FOREVER to do links). I love all the creative takes on this meme. What an awesomely talented group of writers ;o)

Have a wonderful weekend, friend :o)

T.S. Welti said...

I really enjoyed your tango dance metaphor and Jennifer's river trip metaphor. They totally transported me. Have a great weekend. :)

Mary Frame said...

Cool! You are amazing! ;)

Riley Redgate said...

Thank you so much for doing this, Cherie! You're the best!

Here's Decreed's: http://thedecreed.blogspot.com/2011/06/writing-is-not-like-box-of-chocolates.html

Sarah said...

Very helpful to be able to find all the links! Thanks!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of memes.
Looking forward to your game picks for Monday's blogfest!

Wendy Lu said...

Oh these are genius! Writing is TOTALLY like jaywalking, and also being God. xD I love this haha. I wish I'd heard about this earlier so I could participate...sounds like great fun!

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cherie for making the list!! :) Off to read some blogs...

Eli Ashpence said...

I'm still waiting to be tagged. :P

Unknown said...

I definitely loved this meme! It's wonderful to see everyone's creativity.

Eli Ashpence said...

XOXOXOXOX
Thanks, Cherie!
XOXOXOXOX

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »