***********************************

Playing TAG--Seven Things You Didn't Know About Me

My good friend Anita Howard is playing tag over at her blog A Still and Quiet Madness. I loved tag when I was a kid--who didn't? All that running around, adrenaline pumping through your veins, shrieking when the It is about to get you...it's pure childhood fun. We had different variations of the game Tag. There was one where you have to get on higher ground than the It person, and once you're up on a rock, a tree, the fence, the neighbor's patio, they can't tag you. But you can only stay up for a minute, and then you have to find a different place. As kids we called it, Heaven and Earth (Langit and Lupa, in Filipino). It was crazy good.

So here are my seven things:

1. I'm exotic, baby! Haha! No, not really. But I was born and bred in this beautiful, tropical country of swaying coconut trees, white sandy beaches, and salt-tinged air where it's summer all year long. I grew up eating bright yellow mangoes and sweet papayas, their juices running down my skinny arms. On holidays, we'd spent the whole day swimming in clear blue-green waters, diving off rocks, hunting for star fishes until we're baked to charcoal under the sun. I came from the The Philippines.


Photo by Robert Verzo

2. When I was 7, I got hit by a slightly drunk driver who was coming home from a party and speeding down the highway as if his life depended on it. Instead, it was MY life that had to depend on his ineptitude and lack of obvious brain cells. He swerved off to the sidewalk where I was standing, and the next thing I knew, I had a broken clavicle and a fracture on my knee cap. Thank heavens those were the only injuries I incurred. If not, I would have haunted him until he'd learn to sober up.

3. I met my hubby in Hawai'i. Enough said. ;)

4. I was studying to become a Biologist, specifically in the field of Microbiology, but #3 happened.

5. I'm an amateur artist. I used to draw, sketch, paint in the old days, before I found my other calling in the arts--writing. Here's a sketch of a girl I copied from a Parenting magazine ad. I used a black ballpoint pen for this one on plain sketchpad paper.




And here's another one using pencil and plain paper:


6.  I actually like cooking now. I'm a fan of Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe book. She also has a website, which I frequent for newfangled recipes to experiment try on my kids and hubby.

7. I'm more of a lemon bar girl than a cupcake girl.

Alright folks, there you have it! If you want to participate, head over to Anita's blog to scour out the details. Come on, it's gonna be fun learning about each other.

Happy Good Friday!

10 comments:

Anita Grace Howard said...

OMG, my stuff pales to yours! Wow! Your so uber talented and multi-faceted. I have a confession to make. I've always been in AWE of writers who also draw. They just amaze me! So guess what? You're now up on that pedastal, Miss Thang. Thanks so much for sharing! Great details. And I'm soooo sooo glad you survived that drunken driver hit. I also know why you did, after seeing the difference your making in our world. :)

Precy Larkins said...

Hey, hey, but look at you, Madam. Writer and baker extraordinaire. I can't bake anything unless it's pre-mixed...hehe!

Plus you write so beautifully. And you're beautiful, and kind to clueless noobs like me, and sincere too. Thank you. ;)

Mary Frame said...

Your drawings are A-MAZ-ING! (I mean it, even though this is coming from someone who finds stick figures challenging).

Also, I am really jealous of your blog layout. I love the pattern at the top and the paperclipped stuff. Too cool.

Anonymous said...

How fun is this Blog Tag! Thanks for the link!

Also .. WOW beautiful artwork. You should TOTALLY draw your own cover with skills like that.

Precy Larkins said...

Ladies, thank you very much! I'm only good at copying things--still life, portraits, landscapes. Not so much when it comes to drawing something from the imagination. I haven't had any formal training, except for art classes I took during summer as a child.

Bluestocking Mum said...

I like your info, and the artwork.

You are very beautiful and from your photo I would have guessed that you were from the Phillipines
(or Hawaiian.)

Precy Larkins said...

@Bluestocking Mum: Thank you. You are so sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed my post today. How are you doing? I hope all is well with you.

Tanya Reimer said...

Hi Cherie! I love your 7 things! This is a fun way to get to know someone. You draw wonderfully.

Ashley Graham said...

OMG, Cherie! I can't believe your talent! Who knew all my writer friends were SO creative?! I actually might need to invest in one of your drawings someday! Can you do watercolor type stuff, too? (I feel like I'm bugging my writer friends now. I just asked Angela if she could give me pointers sometime, since she has a background in advertising.) And you lived in paradise? Oh, how I envy you. What a great, relaxing life that must've been! Loved reading your seven things! Sorry I'm late!

Precy Larkins said...

Thanks, Ashley! And thanks for following my blog. I hope you didn't notice my oopsie earlier--my brain's totally not working today from lack of sleep ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »