***********************************

How Fit Are You? Take the Wasteline Test

Don't run away.

No weight scales here. Promise. The Wasteline Test is a diagnostic instrument taken from the book The Writer's Diet by Helen Sword. It's designed to show you the flab (weak verbs, abstract nouns, prepositions, etc.) in your writing. I did say in an earlier post that even books need to lose weight. Wish I knew about this test back when I first started writing.

SO. Have fun with it, go crazy if you must, and eat chocolate while you're at it. I'm off to finish cleaning my house--a mundane task, I know, but even I can't write in a pigsty. I can do it for three days...after that, my muse shrivels up from the sight and smell of unpleasant, unclean, unfamiliar, unknown substances lurking in every corner of the house. Oh wait, it's called dust.

I told you I can't write in these conditions.

Here ya go: The Wasteline Test.



By massdistraction
                                          Oops, I lied about the weight scale.

6 comments:

Anita Grace Howard said...

First of all, WOW! Just look at this place! You've been decorating, you sneaky. :) It is lovely and fabulous.

And thanks for the fun link! I'll check it out, although I'm a little leery to look at those numbers. EEPS.

Huntress said...

Love the site you suggested! Wow.

I will display it on my blog at the end of the month.
Thankx for the info.

Sarah Gagnon said...

I just took it and got "lean." Phew!

Precy Larkins said...

@Anita: yay, I'm glad u like my new place. I worked hours on it last night--hours because I'm a nincompoop when it comes to techie stuff. Lucky for me, google saved the day or night.

@Huntress: glad u liked it. We had fun with it over at AQ, back in the old site (not the spankin' new digs), and we totally wasted precious writing time by using it and then hurrying over to tell everyone whether we were fat or skinny. :P the wips, I mean.

@Sarah: hooray for you!

Jemi Fraser said...

I love this site! It's a good check up - and I'm glad I have Lean!

Lydia Kang said...

Going to take it now, though of course I ate too much today...
;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »