***********************************

I'm Not Very Good At Dusting Cobwebs

I didn't make resolutions at the beginning of the year because I didn't want to go on guilt trips every time I fail something--like keeping the house clean, for instance. Trying to keep the house squeaky clean every week is an impossibility, a recipe for madness and depression. With three kids, ages 10, almost-6, and 1 and 1/2, I'm lucky when I get to scrub the toilet without any interruptions. (side note: Ten years ago, I would never have thought the day would come I'd consider myself LUCKY scrubbing toilets. O_o )

Anyway, I didn't make a resolution to "blog every day", or "blog every week", or "revive my blog from the dead" because my life is one big ball of crazy right now. I just couldn't commit to it knowing I'd probably fail within a couple of days.

So...I'm not very good at dusting cobwebs.

But here I am, anyway. Trying.

I might go back to posting Book Spotlights. Those were fun, and I've been reading a lot of books lately. [I'm on Goodreads, if you want to be friends.]

I might occasionally post about newsworthy stuff, or random thoughts, or about my writing. Either way, just wanted to say to the world that I'M STILL HERE. Still slogging away like the rest of you wonderful people, working to make my dream come true.

Welp, my kiddos are screaming at each other, and the little one just started dancing on top of the table. Time for this mama to go.





8 comments:

Angela V. Cook said...

LOL! Your life sounds a lot like mine these days ;) As moms, we do the best we can, and that's all that can be expected of us :)

Mary Frame said...

Yay for blogging again!! And I know what you mean about toilet cleaning. What have our lives come to.

Love you lady, can't wait to see more posts!

Precy Larkins said...

Very true! :)

Precy Larkins said...

What indeed. I was just complaining this morning that I can't even go potty without someone looking for me. Baby boy has a very strong mama radar. It's been really hard. But I guess it won't last forever.

Kittie Howard said...

Thanks! You made me feel lots better! There's so much to do, I sometimes feel like I'm chasing my tail. Guess we can only do so much . . .

Jessie Humphries said...

Please, please, please come back! I miss hearing from you. I know it's hard--those toilets aren't going to scrub themselves--but know someone wants you to :)

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Wondered what happened to you! Life's like that sometimes!

Owly said...

I love your book highlights. The Scorpio Races remains a favorite of mine :) Don't worry about those cobwebs though--you could write about cleaning toilets every time you blogged and your talent as a wordsmith would still draw in readers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »