***********************************

Blog Awards I Can't Ignore Anymore (Part 2)

So here we are again. More lovely awards to pass around. Let's make the blogosphere shine and sparkle with bloggy love, right? I told myself not to ramble this time, so here we go:

The math wiz and blogger extraordinaire Tara Tyler of Tara Tyler Talks handed me 3 awards! Tara's been a longtime blogger friend. If ever you need a haiku fix, she's your go-to girl. :)



and

Again! Lucky me. :)

For the Fabulous Blog Ribbon, I'm supposed to answer the following questions. I'm a good sport, so I'll play along...

Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.

~Getting married
~Having my kids
~Finishing my book
~Getting a fabulous literary agent
~Getting published! (Okay, so this hasn't happened...YET. What the heck--I'm inviting good mojo over here to make it come true. ;D )

Name five things you love.

~family time
~books!
~yummy food ( I love to cook.)
~pretty paper
~art


Name five things you hate.

~hypocrisy
~rude people
~chewing gum stuck under tables and chairs (ewwww!) 
~bullies
~doing laundry

I know, I'm so random. Ha!

Pass the ribbon on to five other bloggers. (We'll get to this in a minute.)


The questions for the Kreative Blogger Award are similar to the One Lovely Blog award rules, so I'll skip this one. :)


And, as for the Stylish award...I don't think it comes with rules.  I also don't think I'm very stylish--I'm a jeans-and-shirt kind of a gal. I mostly dress for comfort, not to make a fashion statement. 


Case in point: Matching pink dresses with my little sis! And what's up with the floppy, doily-looking collars?!?
o_O

Last but not least, Alisha Klapheke of I Heart Words tagged me in the Lucky 7 meme. I met Alisha over at Agent Query Connect. She's a dear. Plus, she's got a cool ms she's querying at the moment. Good luck with that, Alisha! :)



I actually did this one before with my book, HIDDEN, so I won't do that again. Instead, I'll pick a different WIP--one that is long enough to have a page 77. These are the seven lines from my MG Fantasy WIP:


“Isa. You can call me Isa.” She reached for the makeshift rope under her cot. “I need to get out of here. Will you help me?”

“Wait, hold on. I’ll help you but you need to help me understand first. What’s going on? Why are you hurt? Who did this to you?”

Isa plopped down on the mattress and began braiding the rest of the knotted strips together. “I went into the West Wing and—”
“The West Wing? But nobody goes in there. It's haunted. The washerwoman said that the
*****
Well, there you go. And now, on to the tagging part because, ya know, misery loves company. Er, I mean, 'cause these bloggers are AWESOME and they won't hate me for tagging them. Right? Right?!?? (I have chocolate.)

Fabulous Blog Ribbon:

1. T. Drecker
2. The Golden Eagle
3. M. J. Fifield
4. J.A. Bennett
5. Sherry Ellis

Kreative Blogger Award:

1. Mia K. Rose
2. Laura Barnes
3. Cat Lavoie
4. A.M. Supinger
5. Suzanne Payne

Stylish Blogger Award:

1. Bethany Crandell aka Rookie Riter (I know she loves awards that don't come with rules. :D )
2. Patricia Lynne
3. Stephanie Scott
4. Mooderino
5. Misha Gericke

Lucky 7 Meme Tag:

I'm tagging new blogger friends (hope they don't mind).
1. Lexa Cain
2. Kelsey Sutton
3.Tami Marie
4. Nick Wilford
5. L.S. Murphy (my agency sister! She just recently signed with my agent. Congrats, L.S.!)

As always, no pressure. Feel free to accept or ignore the awards. I know how busy you guys are. :)

20 comments:

Stephsco said...

Thanks for finding my blog!

Jennie Bennett said...

I totally love to cook too. I should work out more becasue food is my weakness! And I totally had a dress like that as a kid, except mine had read and green apples on it. That's right, I win.

Thanks for the award!

mooderino said...

Thanks for the award!

mood

Cat Lavoie said...

Thanks so much for the award! :)

I think we share the same aversion to chewing gum under tables.. lol.

Hope you're having a great day!

Golden Eagle said...

Thank you for the award. :)

Bethany Crandell said...

I love pretty paper. Especially when it's green with one of the president's faces on it.

Thanks for the smashing award, doll. It's especially awesome because I don't have to do a darn thing :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all these wonderful awards.

I liked your piece. It ended at the wrong moment because I love reading about hauntings. :)

Tara Tyler said...

wow! so much info!
thanks for the sweet shout out!

and i totally agree with your 5 things you hate.

ps, what a cute pic!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and the nice award. I hopped over to the I Heart Words blog to thank her, too.
I certainly don't hate tagging, but you'd better keep the chocolate handy for emergencies. :-)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

wow, MORE awards!! Impressive.
Congrats!!

M.J. Fifield said...

Thanks for the shout out! I've never received the Fabulous Blog Ribbon before. =)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congrats on the awards. You deserve them. Loved your answers.

Anita Grace Howard said...

Yay! Congrats to all the awesome award winners! And Sparkles, you and I have lots of dislikes in common. Add grossery shopping, and that's my hate list to a T!

Patricia JL said...

Aww, thanks for the award and congrats on all the ones you gotten. =)

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats! Now don't let these things pile up again, ya hear?! *waves finger* ;)

Nice excerpt. I like a good escape scene! Unfortunately, I'll pass this time as I already did the p77 from my WIP. Thanks for thinking of me though. :)

Sherry Ellis said...

Thanks for the award. I don't have a Fabulous Blog Ribbon. It's pretty!

Misha Gerrick said...

Oooh thanks so much for the Stylish Blogger award! I'm so glad you like my blog.

BTW it's evil how you left your excerpt in the middle of a sentence. :-P

Unknown said...

AH! I was so confused when I came back to your blog! I love all the changes! I'll still call you Cherie though. <3

Laura Barnes said...

Congrats to you and thanks so much for the blog award! What a great way to come back from vacation. :)

A.M.Supinger said...

Aw, thanks for the award, Precy! It will hold a place of honor on my blog wall :D

ps. I had a pink dress very similar to that one...*shudders* I hated frilly stuff, but my mom loved it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »