***********************************

11 Questions!

My lovely friend, Angela V. Cook, of The Starving Novelist tagged me in a meme. I thought I better do this now before I forget--as baby boy's due date draws near, I find myself losing a few more brain cells each day. (Where did I put my car keys? Wait, how could I forget buying milk at the grocery store? I mean, it's the first thing on my list, for goodness' sake!)

So, here we go:

What are you working on right now?

Welllllll... I have two story ideas competing for my attention at the moment. I've started both of them--yes, both but I wrote them on different days. Wouldn't want my characters to become bipolar--but as some of you may know, I'm part pantser and part plotter. I usually have a VERY general idea of what the story is about, but I don't outline the details until I've at least written the first chapter or so. As to what they are, I guess you'll find out when I figure it out myself. Hee!

Do your stories tend to be plot driven or character driven?

Can I say both? Pretty please?! Heh. I like my characters to grow during the course of the story, and most of their actions/reactions/decisions arise from who they are as a person. But at the same time, I like the plot to evolve as well and to be intertwined with the characters' choices. Plot doesn't have to be a sequence of events happening just because. Your characters CAN drive your plot, and your plot will then dictate where your story goes. Complicated much? I hope not.

Name the craziest thing that has ever inspired you.

Erm, inspired me to do what?

Do you make up character names, or use the names of people you know?

I don't stress too much on character names. Sometimes a name will just fit the character and I go with it.


Do your main characters always have the same hair color as you (thanks Marian!)?

Nope.

Name a television show you watch that you consider a guilty pleasure.

Oh geez. I used to watch TV back in the days, before I had kids. No, wait, I'm not much of a TV watcher, even back then. When I was still in school, TV didn't even play a role in my life. I was so focused on my studies, I had no time for TV. *coughnerdcough* Books, on the other hand, were a different matter. I'd stay up late to finish a book if I truly love it. Who cares that I had a 7 am Chemistry test the next day, right?

Nowadays, the kids hoard the TV. So unless I'm a fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or Good Luck, Charlie,  no TV for me.

What's the first name of your first crush?

Geez-whiz. What is this? First grade? *snorts* Darn if I can remember anyway.

What's the first concert you ever attended?

Ah, I had a boring high school life. Concert, what concert??

Which would you rather eat: pie or cake?

BOTH! Though at the moment, because of pregnancy medical stuff I have to deal with, sugar is off-limits for me. Booo! *sadface*

When you were a kid, what did you always want to be when you grew up?

A pilot. Uh-huh. I see your eyebrows going up, up, up. (My dad is a pilot <--this explains it.)

What was the happiest day of your life (other than getting married/the birth of your children)?

Finishing my book, maybe.


I'm supposed to tag people and come up with 11 questions of my own to give them, but really don't have time right now. So breathe easy, my blogger friends. I won't be tagging you today. :)

Have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

Cristina said...

Love your answers... and come on, you don't remember your first crush? does he read your blog? LOL

Have an awesome week :)

Angela V. Cook said...

Great answers!! Thanks for playing :o)

Golden Eagle said...

It was great to read your answers! :)

i'm erin. said...

I took like 6 weeks off of blogging because I had a mental breakdown. I'm all good now, but I missed your blog. In fact I was just talking about you at the LDS conf. One of these days we will need to meet in person. I love your answers!

Wendy Lu said...

Wow there have been so many interviews/questionnaires today in the literary blogosophere! I mentioned this at Donna Hole's blog, but I think character-driven stories are much richer and more complex than plot-driven stories, though of course both aspects are important.

LOL I think my first concert was of classical music...one of my must-dos is to go to a rock concert. :P

~Wendy Lu

The Red Angel Blog

Rachna Chhabria said...

I loved your answers. You wanted to be a pilot? Cool. And you are writing two books at one time, super cool.

Bethany Crandell said...

You lie like a rug!! You totally remember your first crush's name, you're just too nervous to put it on your blog for fear that he might take a keen interest in your suddenly budding writing career and see that you WERE pining over him all through elementary, middle...high school,(even after you'd relocated from Denver to San Dieg--er, where do you live?) and even occasionally during your marriage (on a particularly bad day--like when your husband almost bought you a steering wheel for your Christmas gift)...

I...gotta go.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »