***********************************

Tumbleweeds, NaNo, and Turkeys

Hey, hey, my beautiful people!

Are those tumbleweeds and cobwebs you see on my blog?

Source: Wikimedia Commons


Why, yes. Yes, they are.


This month is almost over (yeah, 'cause we all know that after Thanksgiving day, the rest of the month goes by like this: FRISATSUNMONTUEWED and then Voila! It's Christmas! Ok, ok, not right away). And with my first ever NaNoWriMo participation, it's been crazy-busy...THOUGH I found that it's been actually DOABLE for me (surprise! surprise!). I am normally a slow writer who likes to take her time, but if you give me a challenge, I get that wild look in my eyes and go into sessions of word vomit.

For instance, one day I wrote 4,200 words--which, for all you superhero writers is nothing! But for me, that's like my brain was split open by a mad, evil scientist, and shaken around to  make the words spill out.

*what is with all the morbid imagery? I'm sorry. Will try to tone it down.

And then I would go through periods of hardly-any-writing, which I guess is not as bad as no-writing-at-all days. As of yesterday, I hit the big 40K, which means I have the rest of the month to come up with 10K words.

Hooray for NaNo!

For all you NaNo-ers out there, I hope you're meeting your goal/s. Keep on writing!

So, I am surviving and doing well. And since THANKSGIVING is practically knocking at our doorsteps, I'd like to take the time to say THANK YOU...

...for YOU, wonderful people, who take the time to come and visit my blog (and leave comments), even when it was gathering dust and spider babies.

...for my FRIENDS, both personal and virtual. You guys keep me going! Your stories, your lives, your beauty, your kindnesses...I will be forever grateful for your friendship.

...for BOOKS and ART and MUSIC, because they make life extra-beautiful.

...for my FAMILY, who's always been there for me, even when I'm bordering on stepping over Insanityville, and for understanding my long periods of silence because I'm thinking, plotting, and hacking away at the keyboard for many, many hours.



Happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Rachna Chhabria said...

Your NaNo seems to be going well, Cherie. Just 10K words, I am sure you will do it in a few days :)
Happy Thanksgiving.

Precy Larkins said...

Thanks, Rachna! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm glad it's gone so well for you. Happy Thanksgiving to you :-)

Angela V. Cook said...

WOW! You are made of awesomeness!! Congrats on rockin' NaNoWriMo!!

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving :o)

Jessie Humphries said...

I personally cant wait for NaNo to be over...I feel like it makes me especially stressed! Happy Thanksgiving Cherie.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I used to live in Arizona, so the tumbleweed photo fits well with the holiday.

Jennifer Prescott said...

40K! You rule! My Nano is an epic fail. but I still added words, and everything counts, eh? I'll probably have to blog about this.

I am super thankful for you, my magnificent #goatposse pal!

Jennie Bennett said...

I'm at 40,000 too! That was a great word count, happy Thanksgiving!

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Yay for the Nano Queen! Way to go!

Rene Nightingale said...

Congrats! If anyone could do nano, I knew it would be you. You are so awesome!

Bethany Crandell said...

4K in a DAY?! I hate you.
Actually, I love you bits and pieces--and want to squeeze all glittery sparkles out of you, but wow. You make me feel very inadequate.

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. I am so thankful for you, friend!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »