***********************************

I'm BA-A-A-A-ACK!

Did you miss me? Teehee. =D

The vacay was absolutely FUN and relaxing. Zero writing done, of course, but the break gave me a chance to recharge my writerly batteries and now I'm happy to be home and get back into the nitty-gritty work of word-pumping.

But before I can hunker down in my cave and dive into my WIP, I have some business to attend to, namely: A blog award, and an opportunity to brag (yes, BRAG as in, I WON something and I'm so excited and though I don't usually toot my own horn, just this once I will and you are allowed to be sick of me for one day. That is all.)

So. Here we go. Apparently, someone thought I was cute enough to win an award. Christine Tyler of The Writer Coaster is a new blogger friend, and she was nice enough to hand me the Seriously Cute Blogger Award.

Seriously. Cute. Puppy!

Thanks, Christine! It's great to meet you through the blogosphere.

You all should pay Christine a visit because she's one cute gal herself, and her blog is witty and funny!

I'm supposed to list down 5 books/films/TV shows I've read or watched in the last 12 months. I'm good with sharing so here's my list:

1. TV

Chopped! No, really. I love Food Network's CHOPPED. (The fact that my fave TV program is in the FOOD channel, what does that say about me? Haha!) It is brilliant. And the suspense! Can the chefs come up with a delectable appetizer in under 20 minutes using strange ingredients from their basket? Last night it was quahogs, napoli (Mexican cactus), kettle chips, red miso, and persimmons. Whoa, you say. Yes, indeedy. This show is like a bloody battle done in so little time. They start off with 4 chefs, and after each course, one gets chopped and sent packing. The winner gets $10,000.

2. FILM

#1:   I've watched too many movies during our vacation. But let me rewind to last month when I saw SUPER 8. I went in not knowing what it was about. There was much hype, the trailers didn't reveal anything, and I kept bugging the hubster to tell me what it was about (like he would know or something. Haha, no he didn't. We were both clueless.) I won't tell you either, in case you haven't seen it. Let's just say I enjoyed it. It was like Goonies meets E.T. meets Sandlot. The kids in this movie are so cute I could've adopted them all. ;)

X-Men First Class - poster

#2:   X-Men: First Class. Um, yeaahh. Hubs and I were keeping in with *tradition. So we sat through it. Entertaining, yes. But the whole X-Men-save-the-Cuban-missile-crisis is a bit farfetched, even for this Fantasy writer.

3. BOOK

#1:   The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. You'll just have to wait for my review coming up soon. ;) (Thanks to the lovely Michelle Simkins who recommended this to me when I was in the library looking for something to read.)

The Replacement

#2:   Crossed by Ally Condie. This is the sequel to Matched by the same author. I'm currently reading it and once I'm done, I'll post a review too. Shout-out to Jenny Phresh whose hand picked my name out of her sparkly fez and mailed me this prize. Thanks, Jenny! I'm lovin' it.





I would LOVE to tag all of you, so if you absolutely and really, really, really want that cute puppy in your sidebar, go get it! It's yours. Still, I'm going to tag these people so I can FORCE them to take the award ('cause if I don't, they won't take it.)

1. Bethany C. of RookieRiter. She is my lovely Shakira soul sistah (did you see her hair? I'm crushing on her hair.) And better yet, she just got herself an agent! Yes, she's cool like that.

2. A.M. Supinger of Inner Owlet. Go look at her Twitter pic. She's seriously CUTE. And this gal CAN write.

3. Suzanne F. Payne. From one hottie to another, right Suzanne? {it's an inside joke we share.}

4. T.S. Welti. This rockin' chick is superwoman in my book. I adore her. And you should too. Her MG book, The Fifth Specter, is out! I can't wait to read it. ;)

5. Mary Frame of It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets An Agent (wow, what a mouthful!). I love this gal. She is smart and funny and pretty. Check out her blog for great writing tips.

6. Jenny Phresh of The Party Pony. I worship her sneakers (even when they've stepped on goat poo). This chica is lovely in green. When she writes, she makes me laugh or cry or both. Seriously. You're missing out if you're not following her.

7. Michelle Simkins of Greenwoman. How could I not tag my lovely queen? Yes, I'm her minion and proud of it.

8. Anita Howard of A Still and Quiet Madness. My lovely, sparkly, talented friend. She's what I aspire to be.

Okay, lovely ladies, grab the award and spread the cuteness.

And now. I present to you my bragging rights on Michelle Simkins' Stone House Writing Prompt contest. Click here to read my winning short fiction piece.

I wish you all a good day! If you have any news to share, please. Go ahead and let us know. We'll celebrate with you! ;) 

I forgot to add this:
*tradition: I loved the X-Men comics as a kid. So everytime an X-Men movie comes out, my hubster takes me to see it (even though he doesn't care for the X-Men; that's how awesome he is!).

23 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

I did miss you! Glad you're back :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

I'm glad that you are back too and enjoyed your vacation! :)

Suzanne Payne said...

Thank you for tagging me! You Hottie you!
Besides that fact that you are a fantastic writer, I'm glad you're a friend too. :) A seriously cute blogging friend! Thanks for the award! Made my day!

Jennifer Prescott said...

You gave me a puppy! I always wanted a puppy! (But I wanted a Poopless Puppy, which yours is, so it's perfect for me.) I shall call it Little Nuggets and I will feed it and love it and hug and kiss it.
Glad you had a great vacation! I stayed away from the computer for a few days and it was very refreshing and necessary. Good to see you back, though!

Javid Suleymanli said...

Welcome back :)

Bethany Crandell said...

I'm so glad it's a dog and not a cat award. Cats make me sneeze and judge me with their narrow eyes. I don't like cats.

Thank you, my fabulous friend!! You are as delightful as a raspberry lemonade on a hot summer's day. I will dive into your award winning short fiction piece on my lunch hour.

Good thing they didn't ask what movie you HAVEN'T seen in your whole life?!!!?? Jake Ryan, anyone?!

T.S. Welti said...

T.S. Welti, super woman, reporting in.

You are much too loose with the compliments. I assure you I am not worthy of the Seriously Cute Blogger award (at least, not right now). But I do plan on taking a shower sometime today. ;)

Thank you for my award, my dear. And, I love Chopped, too! The only thing I don't like about that show is that sometimes the contestants are a bit... cocky.

I also want to say how awesome Jenny is. I just started reading the ARCs she sent me. I will post my thoughts on those soon.

You're all awesome! A blog award for you, and one for you, and you.... Blog awards for everyone! (That's the last time you'll catch me imitating Oprah, I promise.)

Anita Grace Howard said...

LOL, Bethany! She got her Sixteen Candle jab in, didn't she?

Thanks so much, Cherie! You're the sparkly one. It'll be a few weeks before I can post this, but I won't forget! Promise. I still have to do the Awesomesauce one. *for shame*

Caitlin Vincent said...

So glad you're back, Cherie! The blogsphere was one voice less cheerful and lovely without you.

And your short story was certainly worthy of the win. Very evocative :)

Precy Larkins said...

Bethany and Anita: I think I've got a bruise on my left rib from the Jake Ryan elbow jab. Ow! But never fear, the lib called me and it's ready!

Jen! You sweetie, you! I missed you too.

Also, the lovely Krista M! Yep, I did enjoy the break, thanks ;)

Jenny, Little Nuggets is the perfect name. I shall call mine "Jake Ryan", in honor of the bruise *coughBethanycough* I got. ;)

Suzanne, thanks for the follow, hottie! I think that nickname's gonna stick. I shall call you hottie forever and ever, Mwahhahaha!

Javid, you sweet thang. Thanks for the welcome ;)

Caitlin, it's good to hear from you! I know you've been busy (are you still?) so it's awfully nice of you to stop by, my rocknrollin' superstar!

Superwoman TS, where's your lasso? ;) Yeah, Chopped is awesome. I actually like it when they are cocky and then they get chopped! Always rooting for the underdog.

M Pax said...

Glad you're back. I enjoy Chopped, too.

Angela V. Cook said...

Hey girl!
Glad your back and feeling recharged! I read your winning short story on Michelle's Blog. It was VERY nice. You are so talented to be able to take care of a family, keep up with your blog, write a book, tweet like a mad woman, AND still find time to whip up an AMAZING short story! Where in the world do you get your energy!?!? Double kudos to you, my friend ;o)

Bethany Crandell said...

Wowee, wow, wow! Girlfriend, your short story is incredible! You've got the opening to a novel right there--no agent could put that down!

Lori M. Lee said...

I LOVE the Food Network, but it always gives me food/cooking envy xD And I haven't seen X-men yet but I sooo want to. But I'll be sad that Gambit isn't in it. ALSO, The Replacement was creepy and wonderful. Can't wait to see your review!

Congrats on winning! That's AWESOMMEEEE :D I read the story, and it was great. I totally agree with those saying you should expand it to novel.

Ricky said...

We agree on XMen and that book looks interesting.

Sarah said...

Welcome back, and glad you had a fun vacation! I've got to get out and see X-men ... that's kinda funny about the Cuban missile crisis.<--which is a phrase I never expected to type.

Mary Frame said...

Cherie - Thank you! You are truly a wonderful writerly friend and I am so glad that we are buds! I am getting to this blog post ASAP, this one sounds fun :-)

BBC said...

I'm with you on Super 8 - right up until the end, with the locket scene. I was like, "Wait, cars are flying through the air - shouldn't that have ripped the kid's arm right off?"

But hey, that's what happens when you take BBC to the movies.

Caitlin Vincent said...

I am still very busy but I'm trying to be at least slightly more active in the blogging world. The couple I nanny for just adopted a 3 month old little girl who is so cute that you melt just looking at her, so that's been a little distracting ;) And we decided to pull off a major renovation project over the holiday. Between all that and school, my time has been entirely sucked into the endless vaccum of "Things to do RIGHT NOW" ;)

Love the new profile pic, btw

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations! I just read your winning short story and thought it was fabulous! Congrats too on the blog award, that puppy is too cute for words.

Welcome back, and I'm so glad you had a nice vacation! :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I think that everyone deserves a workless vacation.

Are the sunglasses in your new pic from your vacay?

Precy Larkins said...

M Pax: Chopped is fun!I love how competitive it is.

Angela: Aw, shucks. Thanks, Angie! Nah, you should see the pile of laundry baskets waiting for me in my laundry room. :D

Bethany: Shakira!! Thanks for reading my short story. Glad you liked it, sistah! That means a lot to me coming from you, oh agented one! Jake Ryan (the puppy) wants to lick yer face.

Lori: I know, I know! And why do I always watch Food Network at NIGHT when there is NO food around and I'm in my pjs and the only food places left open are the 24-hr Mexican fastfood and Taco Bell?!? As for the short story, thanks! Don't know if I can expand it into a novel. hm.

Ricky: You and me, buddy. *shakes head at X-Men

Sarah: LOL! I know, right? I'll write it down again: Cuban missile crisis. O_o

Mindy: Now that you mentioned it, yeahhh, it should have. But the zombie movie they made though, wasn't that EPIC?

Caitlin: Sigh. I know what you mean, luv. The THINGS TO DO RIGHT NOW are also screaming at my face.

Julie: Hi and thanks for stopping by, for the warm welcome back greeting, and for reading my short fic. You are awesome, lady!

Shelly: Yes! To both of your comments. My old pair got horrendously scratched while we were at the pool, so I had to get new ones, and I must say I love the new ones better. ;)

Precy Larkins said...

Mare: you are a CUTIE! luvyah. That is all. ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »