***********************************

On Writing and Other Knickknacks that Stumble My Way

I am a writer. Or so I tell my sleep-deprived self when I am staring open-mouthed at the screen, willing words to zip from my brain and onto my Word doc telepathically so I won't actually have to do the physical labor of typing them down.

*5-minute power nap

Hi!  Welcome to a piece of my mind, that is, my blog about writing, books, other writers (comrades!), the pursuit of publishing (and happiness), and the courage to declare I'm a writer! even when I have nothing to show for it. Yet.

I love books. I like how a bunch of words can come together and create life. It's almost like birthing (and I have two kids, so I know what I'm talking about). Writing books is just as much a labor of love as having kids. It is magical, painful, mind-boggling, energy-sucking, and you are guaranteed to lose a few brain cells along the way. But. The end result? A being that's a part of you--never mind they got your hubby's eyes, and nose, and chin, and...well, you get the idea. The thing is, you shaped it, you created it, you gave it life. And that's the beauty of being a writer (and a mom at the same time).

So, come on down for the ride. I'll be highlighting books and authors I like, other noteworthy blogs to follow, maybe a few grammar lessons here and there (I'm not a grammarian, so we'll be learning together), on WIPs, agents and publishing, and some such. I'm an amateur blogger so I do ask you to bear with me.

Ready, write, go!

  

2 comments:

Joyce Alton / @joycealton said...

Yay! I love reading from your perspective. I'm sure this blog will be a great asset to other writers.

Precy Larkins said...

Hi Joyce! You're my first comment, yay! Thanks for the warm welcome. =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Precy Larkins's books on Goodreads
Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been Winter's Regret: What Might Have Been
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Followers

READING CHALLENGE

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Precy has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

My Blog List

BOOKS!!

Precy's bookshelf: read

Whispering Minds
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Night of Cake & Puppets
The Fault in Our Stars
The Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Last Olympian
The Hundred: Fall of the Wents
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Hunger Games
Wonder
The Founders' Code
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Two Towers
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lost Hero
Divergent
The Battle of the Labyrinth


Precy Larkins's favorite books »